This page lists where I’ve been, what I’ve been doing, and where I’ll be in the near future. Keep checking as I may be in a city near you 🙂
- April 20-22, 2011 – Scheduled to present talk entitled “Building Bridges: Forcing Hackers and Business to ‘Hug it Out’” at SOURCE Boston 2011 in Boston, Massachusetts
- Friday, November 12th, 2010 – Presented talk entitled “My Life on the Information Security D-List” at Security BSides Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario
- Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 – Presented talk entitled “Building Bridges: Forcing Hackers and Business to ‘Hug it Out’” at SOURCE Barcelona 2010 in Barcelona, Spain
- Thursday, August 19th, 2010 – Presented BrightTalk webinar entitled “The Integration Lifecycle: Loving Long Logging Lifecycles”
- Friday, July 9th, 2010 – Presented talk entitled “Bringing a Knife to a Gun Fight: The Arsenal Required for Modern Forensic Combat!” at the SANS What Works in Forensics and Incident Response Summit 2010, in Washington, D.C.
- Friday, July 9th, 2010 – Panelist on the SANS What Works in Forensics and Incident Response Summit 2010 Network Forensics panel, in Washington, D.C.
- Saturday, April 24th, 2010 – Presented talk entitled “So You Want to Write a Security Book, Eh?” at BSidesBoston at the Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) in Boston, MA
- Wednesday, April 21st to Friday, April 23rd, 2010 – Presenting talk entitled “Failagain’s Island – The Perils of Banking in an Island Nation” at SOURCE Boston 2010 in Boston, MA
- Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 – Presented talk entitled “My Life on the Information Security D-List” at Security BSides San Francisco in San Francisco, California
- Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 – Presented Peer2Peer Session at RSA Conference 2010 entitled “Selecting the Right SIEM Solution” in San Francisco, California
- Tuesday, October 6th and Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 – Attending SecTor 2009 IT Security Education Conference in Toronto, Ontario.
- Wednesday, September 16th to Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 – Attending SANS Network Security 2009 in San Diego, California.
- Monday, September 14th and Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 – Attending the SANS WhatWorks in Data Leakage Prevention and Encryption Summit 2009 in San Diego, California.
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 – Guest on Episode 35 of SecuraBit podcast discussing OSSEC HIDS and random things about Bermuda.
- Thursday, April 30th, 2009 – Guest on Episode 150 of PaulDotCom Security Weekly podcast discussing OSSEC HIDS.
- Sunday, April 19th-24th, 2009 – Attending RSA Conference 2009 in San Francisco, California.
- Sunday, September 13th, 2008 – Moved to Bermuda so the rest of the year was taken as some downtime.
- Monday, August 18th-23rd, 2008 – SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style at Community SANS Montreal 2008.
- Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 – SANS Tool Talk. Topic “Log Management: No Longer Optional. How to Choose the Right Tool for the Job“.
- Sunday, May 13th, 2008 – SANS Toronto 2008 Keynote. Topic “Future Trends in Network Security” with Bryce Galbraith, Peter Giannoulis, Jason Lam, Dave Shackleford, Dr. Johannes Ullrich, Stephen Sims, and Guy Bruneau
- Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 – Session at the Atlantic Canada Chapter of the High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA). Topic “Log Analysis using OSSEC“.
- Monday, May 28th, 2007 – Presentation on Network Security Monitoring and Management Solutions at the Next Generation Networks Technical Awareness Session (TAS), in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
- Monday, July 30th, 2007 – Tutorial on Enterprise Log Analysis with Q1 Labs QRadar and OSSEC at the iTrust and PST Conferences on Privacy, Trust Management and Security in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Friday, September 21st, 2007 – Security Round Table panelist. Topic “Do we have privacy anymore?“
- Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 – SANS Webcast entitled Separated at Birth – Identity and Access Reunited! with Stuart Rauch, Director of Product Marketing, Authentication, at Secure Computing.
- Thursday, September 27th, 2007 – Vendor “Lunch & Learn” on Enterprise Log Management for Incident Handlers at SANS Network Security 2007 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.