From the smallest business to the biggest enterprise, every company needs to combat security risks – but when resources are limited, the effort can be challenging. Increasingly, organizations are employing full-time security staff to help …
The post Enterprises and SMBs need security support, says Kaspersky Lab appeared first on DataGravity Blog.
Traditionally, security was all about control; the taller your walls, the lower your risk. However, as digital business has become the norm, the definition of a traditional IT environment has expanded to include cloud environments, …
The post Gartner: By 2020, 60 percent of companies will improperly manage security risks appeared first on DataGravity Blog.
Position: Security Analyst
The Security analyst will be responsible for providing expertise with analysis of a variety of security and network technologies in order to integrate these 3rd party products with our technology. The candidate will need working knowledge categorizing logs and extending the information from these devices to correlate information about potential vulnerabilities etc. Working within a small team, the successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team, and work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Have experience with a variety of security and network technologies, applications, operating systems, and databases. Knowledge of how all of these devices work and communicate within a networked environment is essential.
• Strong scripting skills
• System and application development experience a plus
• Understanding of log transport protocols (syslog, snmp, etc)
• Bachelor and/or Masters Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Work closely with product management and the integration team to identify, categorize and correlate events from a variety of devices.
• Continuously monitor vendor websites, discussion forums, and technical publications to identify new products and updates.
• Match device events to known vulnerabilities.
• Maintain a collection of sample logs, attributes, documentation and configurations from third party devices and implement a database to share that information with other members of the organization.
• Work with the team to improve the product quality and processes.
• Identify new rules and reports to identify important events within and across networked devices.
Required Skill Set:
• At least 4 years experience in system administration or IT Security field.
• Experience with Perl and Java
• Experience working within a Linux environment
• Flexible, able to adapt to changing requirements, scope, and schedule.
Please send me an email if you’re interested at andrewsmhay(shift-2)gmail.com.