Total Funding: $37.7m
Q1 Labs Inc. Acquired by IBM (NYSE: IBM), October 2011
As employee 34, Andrew served as an engineering product and program manager responsible for integrating network, systems, and security logs and vulnerability information into the core QRadar SIEM platform.
- Grew the team from 3 engineers to 7 engineers,
- Delivered hundreds of third-party solution integrations,
Investors: New Brunswick Investment Management Corporation, Business Development Bank of Canada, Polaris Partners, Menlo Ventures, BDC Venture Capital, Globespan Capital Partners.
OpenDNS, Inc. Acquired by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), May 2014
By leading challenging security projects, with both security research team members and other cross-functional teams, my team researched and implemented innovative classification techniques including the construction and prototyping of proof-of-concept classification models, the building and testing of experiments for new methods / algorithms for large scale classification, and the building of statistical models to qualify the accuracy and coverage of models.
- Grew the research organization from 3 individual security researchers to a cohesive team that included 7 security researchers, 3 security research analysts, and a successful college internship program,
- Helped make OpenDNS one of the most well-respected security research organizations in the world,
- Created research-oriented white papers, industry articles, and blog posts in addition to thought leadership activities such as public speaking, interviews, and product/company evangelism that helped make the company a more valuable acquisition target.
Total Funding: $54m
Investors: Minor Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Northgate Capital, Naval Ravikant, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Lumia Capital, Lowercase Capital, Glynn Capital Management, Evolution Equity Partners.
Total Funding: $92m
Acquisition: < $36m
DataGravity Inc. Acquired by HyTrust, July 2017
As Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), reporting directly to the CEO, I was the advocate for the company’s information security needs and responsible for the development and delivery of the company’s comprehensive information security strategy. I led the development and implementation of the security program leveraging collaborations and company-wide resources, facilitating information security governance, advising leadership on security direction and resource investments, and designing appropriate policies to manage information security risk.
- Provided security-related strategic information and guidance to the board of directors,
- Advised the executive management team on security happenings within the industry and how the company can position itself to mitigate.
Investors: CRV, General Catalyst, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel.