Today’s Secret from the Grill Cave is how to easily clean your grill grate whilst adding some flavour to your food. Simply:
- Cut a large onion in half and peal away the skin.
- Place each onion half in a small freezer bag and throw into the freezer for a later time.
When it comes time to grill:
- Give your grill a good brushing with a stiff grill brush.
- Pre-heat your grill to the desired temperature for the food you’re about to cook.
- Before placing the food on the grill, take the frozen onion half out of the freezer and place it, face down, on the grill.
- Using BBQ tongs, scrub your grill grate with the onion.
- Discard the used onion.
Any remaining debris will flake away and the added bonus is that this process will also add a wonderful hint of grilled onion flavour to whatever you’re grilling. Plus…it smells awesome!
Enjoy the weekend and remember, lighting yourself on fire hurts, so be careful 🙂